Enhanced funrace engine in [BETA]-stage. Nov 8, 2018 9:32:21 GMT 1
Post by Schizm on Nov 8, 2018 9:32:21 GMT 1
Some things got my attention:
- In the Pirineus U24 race some riders attack according to the report where they were not given instructions to attack
- In the Pirineus U24 race there is mountain piece in the beginning which drops 90% of the peleton making the attackers the largest group in the race
- In the open funrace 2 some riders increase there pace at an attacking point even when they are solo. Don't know if that was the intention?
Some general ideas which are very preliminary because only a few races have been riden:
- seems it is very difficult to win a race with attacking early. That might look more like a real race but could limit tactical options in peleton?
- many times riders in the report canoot follow the peloton but still remain in the peloton in the next section
- If a riders attacks and is captured by the peloton and then attacks again. Does he start again with his "empty tank" at 0%?
One final thing which seems quite important to me. I appreciate all the new efforts being made and I don't mind if reports of funraces are not the best. But I am sure that many managers (especially the non-die-hard-ones) like this game especially for its current race engine where they can re-simulate the race and watch it with excitement. That makes this game stand out of the others and not just being a 'numbers game'. I only hope this doesn't worsen with the new engine where for example attacks from the same group are not grouped in the report.
Most of your remarks are about the reports, nothing haas changed there and I am not planning on donung that soon. Like I said earlier that is low-priority for me (because for me it never worked properly anyway, not in the funraces and not in the competition). So you don't have to worry about the report-grouping it will stay like it was, until all more urgent issues are resolved.
About your other remarks :
- do not forget this is the funrace engine, (almost) everybody is on 100%, in the competition only stage hunters will be on 100 %, helpers and others will mostly be on 85% (one-day races) or 70% (tour stages). Which means it will be harder for the peloton to catch escapees. Like in real cycling early attacks can be succesfull if you can escape with a big enough group and stay in it until you are close enough to the finish. Ofcourse this might still need some tweaking but I am not going to base that on a peloton where everybody is at 100%.
- The result of "empty tank" is that cyclist are on "save fitness" for the rest of the race, so no reset. If you have an example of someone attacking afterwards that would mean the changes I made did not have the full effect I searched for. Please share that example so I can investigate the problem and adress it for future races.