That would surely make the game better. I am afraid we don't have the resources to do it though. But if it is possible, it would be nice.
2. Eliminate big impact decisions for new managers
That's easier to implement. Minimum 10 for a trainer, why not?
3. Make the lower divisions more challenging
Personally I didn't mind winning a lot in the beginning, but I agree that the division system probably can be improved. Not sure about the Starters league idea though: doesn't it feel like you're not playing the real game?
1. Make race tactics and fitness planning easier Currently it is just impossible to set your tactics and make a good fitness planning directly on the website, so every manager has his own excel-sheet to do this. This is at the moment essential to be any good in this game and probably too much effort for a lot of players. If this game want to appeal to a wide player base in the future, the race tactics and fitness planning just has to become way easier and be possible to do directly on the website. For example change the tactics page so you can set them for multiple races (entire week or tour), have an overview of the fitness of all your cyclist for the next weeks and give an indication which cyclist are best suited for which race.
2. Eliminate big impact decisions for new managers We all know the importance of choosing a good trainer when you start and it is clearly stated in the wiki and on the forum. But there are however still a lot of teams in the lower divisions that hired a trainer with low skills and this is deadly for their future. Why not force them to hire a good trainer and eliminate the option to make a mistake? For example, give them only the option to hire a trainer with 10 on one of the main skills. The same can be done with the youth scout. For example, forbid them to hire a youth scout in their first season.
3. Make the lower divisions more challenging Currently the majority of the lower divisions consist of only a few active players and in most cases one team that dominates the rest. This leads to boring races and no challenge for short term goals. I read often on this forum that the 2 lower divisions are necessary, so the new teams can earn enough money. But I feel this is no solution for the root cause of this problem. There are also just not enough new teams to fill division 4 and 5. At the moment even some bot teams will promote to division 3. So for the lower divisions I suggest a complete overhaul of the division system. Why not make a separate Pro and Amateur league? A little like the Belgium football competition (for the people who know it). Division 1 and 2 can stay the same in a Pro league. Division 3 and 4 can be rearranged in an Amateur league. For division 5 I would even make a Starters league. Here you can implement the limitations like no youth scout and no transfers, so they first learn to set correct tactics and no team can completely dominate from the start.
These are just my suggestions to help this game become bigger. I think there is a lot of potential, but this game still misses some essential features. I played ten years ago on the old race engine and still see mostly the same problems today.
Wow, this post became much longer the I wanted and sorry if this is not really on topic.
i need to quote your message because are different things
2. very good ideas, i'm 100% pro 3. i dont have the same ideas like you, in first 2 division are 36 teams, good teams are at least 50. If Franconia, Slayer, Ab, ElGringo, Genomico etc will be in division 3 if they want they crush their division. For division 5 i dont like the idea with no trasnfers. A lot of good teams start on division 5 and they want to make transfers Dustin, Husker etc
1. Currently it is just impossible to set your tactics and make a good fitness planning directly on the website why not? you open peloton in 3 tabs, tab 1 the race tab 2 tactics tab 3 cyclists after mountain / flat / fitness . You dont need excel for that
r example change the tactics page so you can set them for multiple races (entire week or tour) you can put the tactics for all season. If you want you can put the tactics for U21 races from day 1 Also you can put the tactics for all Giro from day 1
give an indication which cyclist are best suited for which race. only general rules. For example in sprint races -> sprint is very important,
in a 40 40 30 40km race what cyclist is good? 666 2 2 12 or 555 2 6 9 you can't programe a tutorial for this, too many differences
A former manager gave some feedback on Facebook. The reason he stopped playing was trivial: his work blokked the site... Might be that all sites with the word 'game' in the address were blocked. He also didn't like the youth scout being so expensive (though that probably was before the change).
He also suggested to try to get a newspaper article about the game. Don't know if a paper like Het Nieuwsblad (probably the newspaper that writes the most about cycling, see www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/wielrennen) is willing to write about us. But there are also cycling websites that might be interested. Or a weblog like Het is koers.